amarra or pure music..?

I already use both (on my g5 power mac + dcs debussy), amarra mini and pure music.
I am not sure wich of both is the better sounding sw, they sound slightly different.
pure music, with memory player on, is a little smoother, amrra a little more definite..

Your experiences..?

Thank u..
Alex

Ps. pure meusic is not perfectly stabile,. also in the last release. they are sometimes clicks... and the program crased down, saltuary.
alexismaster
In my set up Pure music sounded slightly wider, but on wide recordings it started to sound a little odd. For me Amarra in the playlist mode works best over most material.

Both bits of software sound good though.

I prefer the look of Amarra as Pure music looks a little cheap to me.
Not trying to threadjack, but rather a note of thanks for the topic. I had no idea Pure Music was out there (or anything like it), and have since enjoyed the improvement it's made in the sound of my system.
I'd often wondered why there wasn't more software manipulation of the sound on the Mac. The payoff for all my lossless files is coming to fruition.
Thanks again!
Comparing the two, my impression was Pure Music sounds more "analog" emphasizing voices, while Amarra is a little thinner but provides more resolution and space. Both are good, and it is a matter of system and taste.
Is anyone using Pure Music in a wireless system? I have the demo version of PM and can highjack the stream using Airoil to one of my three systems (Airport Express, two Apple TV's). It appears to be a great improvement, although it's very tough to do a comparison since I have to quit PM and restart iTunes before Itunes will run, and the level settings are very different. Or is everyone using a wired connection from their Mac to their DAC?