ElectrostatsPlaner/Ribbon s Vs Cone driv

I have owned Proacs, B&W Nautilus, Theils and others but never planers. I auditioned ML Arieus but was not taken with the musicality and the other models too big for my room. No other dealers nearby to demo Maggies, etc.
I know the general differences of the two design concepts, but I am trying to determine if there is a smallish planer design that would give nearly all the satisfaction I am getting from my BW Nautilus 805's with REL Strata Sub. In particular I would love to gain the lifesize soundstage and midrange wonder but not feel lacking by the lesser performance in high and low frequencies. I have a Levinson 331 amp and AR LS22 preamp. thanks for any experienced suggestions.
128x128comchenry
Comcherry, funny how these things come up. This past weekend I purchased B&W dm601 s2 for my bed room system made up of leftovers, CJPV10a, Cal Audio Ikonn MKII, and Sonagraph sa125 amp. After listening over the weekend I started wondering what it would sound like if I traded them in eventually to 805's and used the new 805's and a sub to replace the ML Aerius i that I have in my main rig !!!
That is pretty interesting. Not sure I know what that says about our little hobby (obsession) and am pretty sure I don't want to know!

I did audition the Aerius and for my ears did not find it as musically involving as the B&W's. It is only because I have heard that the Maggies are more involving AND have the life size soundstage that I am considering the switch. The 805N's are really hard to fault though as they are in my system now. Take care
Comchenry, you ask about the differences between Apogees and Maggies. That's a comparison best made by you. There are differences, and even though I own Apogees, there are things I prefer about Maggies. This hobby of ours really boils down to what floats your boat. It would be great if you could find someone with Apogees local to you so you could listen. Generally, the people I have talked to prefer the sound of one over the other within a short time. But always, the listener can at least appreciate what the design they do not prefer can do well. Kinda like my MLogans; there are times when I almost admire them for their detail retreival. But, at the same time, they are not as involving as my Apogees. Weird. That's the way it goes.

Anywho, for $2k you have lotsa choices. I recently chose the SL3s for that same price. Ultimately I changed to electrostatics because I have listened to ribbons for awhile and wanted to try something new. We are obsessive, aren't we?
Obsessive, I suppose. But beats blowing money drinking, gambling or other vices (of course I drink some). I really do wish I could compare the Maggies and the Apogees in my listening room. Unfortunately no dealer in Colorado and I know of no owners nearby that would allow a comparison. So it basically leaves me with the option of asking for opinions and based on that I will probably just buy a used pair and if it is not what I like, take a small hit and re-sell. I am not as big on detail as I am dynamics and musicality. Does that sound more like the Maggies than other options?
Comchenry, I had the ML's and Maggies ( I forget which model, around $1400 ) at home to compare over a weekend. I ended up with the Logans because of constraints on placement. The ML's have a much smaller footprint. As far as the sound goes, I was back in forth all hours of the night the whole weekend trying to decide. There are qualities of both that I liked a lot. The ML's had the upperhand also since they where from the same retailer I had purchased my previous speakers from and where offering full retail back to trade up to the ML's. The Maggies are more dynamic, but I don't know if they will rock as much as the 805's you have. Good luck in whatever you decide.