help me improve my sysyem

adcom gtp 830 4 adcom gfa 555 adcom gcd 700 B&w 804n monster reference 2 interlink for rca's monster z3 for speaker wire monster hts5000 power supply i listen to music 90% of the time i am looking to improve it any suggestions will help
ginntonic
Welcome to the Wild Wild West Artemus. Anyway, Ginn what is it that you don't like about your system? Is it bright or lacking power? What about clarity? If you tell us what is it that your system doesn't do for you I'm sure lots of us will gladly give our opinions.
Ginntonic: I agree also with the above. You are going to get alot of suggestions depending on what you are looking for & how much to spend. What I see as your weak point would also be power. A couple of [opionions] I have would be a sherbourn 5/1500, b&k 7250, rotel 1095, and if you really want to stay with adcom then adcom gfa5503 & gfa5500. Those are my [opionions] in order, which for the $$$ will give you a big bang for the buck. All these amps range in the $2000-$2500 retail price. And we all know that is a price we do not pay that's why we are here for. The #1 web. I hope this helped you a little bit. Good Luck.
The preamp is the heart of a system. It handles signals at their lowest level and hence has the greatest possibility for damageing the signal. The distortions from electronics also tend to be more noxious than those from transducers so I would suggest a new preamp, tubes perhaps to balance the adcoms literal coldness. A small investment in interconnects will also yield a fabulous improvement in this system, however it is hard to make a recommendation because we do not know what you are looking for i.e. smoother, sharper, more dynamic,etc. Good luck!
Viridian I can't agree more. The preamp should be the best piece in your system such that it's not your limiting factor(1) in order to get all that is available from your source components (2) in order to drive the downline equipment with the best quality signal possible.
thanks for the feedback so far .... some of you are saying i dont have enough power while some of you are saying i have too much just for clarification i have four gfa 555 running my 804's. i also have the gtp 830 which is adcoms newest preamp. would power cords help? would a change in rca's help? i am looking to clear it up so it is crisp and clean sounding.