Best speaker in nearfield listening

I have heard that Audio Physic is great in the nearfield listening position. I sit six to seven feet from the speaker. My budget is up to 5K used. I really want to make this work in a very close listening environment.
hiflyer
Hiflyer, the Harbeths are often compared to electrostatics in their midrange clarity. More dynamic with sufficient power. The AP Virgos would also be a great choice, one you might prefer if imaging and soundstaging are paramount. Only thing is, I think they are kind of deep and you'll need to have them pretty far out into the room.
Re: Sonus Faber Extremas. I listen to mine in the nearfield as far out from the long wall as possible. Speakers and chair form a 7 ft. equilateral triangle. ENORMOUS soundstage, up to 180 deg. with some recordings. No or minimal room effect. The absolute best I've been able to find for my room (12X18). You'll need 200w/ch. though to get the best out of them.
I'll second the Merlin's. I sit six or seven feet away, and I love them. As long as they're far enough from the side and rear walls, they'll be fine (but that's probably the case with most speakers)
I've got a pair of Harbeth 7ES's and they are terrific at nearfield listening. I don't think they will "seem" as airy as an electrostat - if you want this try the Red Rose, the ribbon tweater is great. But, I find the Harbeths very accurate and sensual. Good luck!