Classical music for Rockers

I grew up in a non-musical household, so everything I heard was from the radio when my parents weren't listening. I quickly went from AM to FM, and from Pop to the AOR stations in Milwaukee at the time. I was raised (in a sense) on rock and roll radio.

It wasn't till much later that I was introduced to classical music. I have since been adding Bach, Mozart, Tscaikovski, and other to my regular playlist The last two things I bought were Mozart's Requium and Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. I hope I spelled those right.

What I am curious about is if there are others out there with the same experience, and if so: What Classical music are you listening to regularly?
128x128nrchy
Give a listen to Ralph Vaughn Williams: Symphony No. 7, "Symphonia Anartica". The Naxos label version is excellent and at a budget price. Very dramatic! Wind machines! Bombastic climaxes! for all you rock dudes.
It looks like most of the recommendations here are from the Romantic era (especially if you count Ludwig van on the leading edge). To me, good rock is minimalist rock, and I tend toward Baroque and Classical (with Beethoven on the trailing edge). Does anything rock like Bach organ works?
Hey Nrchy, I was a big RocK and Blues fan for many years. Some selections i still like to hear every now and then, Layla (especially Little Wing), Quadrophinia, Allman Brothers, etc. Years ago i began to listen to classical, and have discovered wonderful beautiful music. Here's one of picks, Sibelius Sym#1 conducted by Stokowski. For violin i like Oistrakh and Heifetz. Strange, they play like twin brothers. Keep in touch.
How about the best of both worlds? Kunzel, Cincinnatti pops/king's singers play the BEATLES. Terrific fun.
Sibelius violin concerto is a "smash hit", Sibelius really makes the violin "rock".