B&W vs Thiel vs Dunlavy 6K LIST

Just curious about these speaker brands in general and how they sound compared to each other. I own Thiel but have not listened to B&W or Dunlavy. Thanks.
abecollins
Thanks, I have never heard a Dunlavy speaker, yet am attempting to decide wether to buy them, or forget about them. The more I hear, the more it sounds like I may end up with a pair.
lou,

please try before you buy. i've hear many speakers in the dunlavy line and none has impressed me to a great degree, but to each his own. fwiw, i ultimately chose avalon arcus speakers, which list for $7300 but can be had for less and may be in your price range. the avalon avatars, which list for ~$5600, are also excellent. please demo the avalons if you can. NEVER buy anything based on the opinions of others.
Hi S2K Dude,

While I certainly hate to buy based upon others opinions, I have found that personal experiance can mislead also. I have heard B&Ws at one dealer, and I was completely unimpressed with them. I later heard them at a second dealers and was amazed, they were nothing like I heard before... I'm not sure you know anything till you live with them in your system for a time...
B&W Nautilus 802's can sound awesome with a good, well-run-in setup, particularly with digital speaker correction. I don't perceive any of the shortcomings pointed out in the other posts in my setup. I should point out that none of the dealer demos I've heard really showcased what the N802 is capable of so I understand where many of the negative comments are coming from.
Hi Lpim,

I hear you, that is a MAJOR problem. I have heard B&W's that I know I like, but due to their setup they were COMPLETELY unimpressive. Digital speaker correction? Is that where you re-record CD's to make the B&W's time coherent?

Thanks,

Lou