Does a Good 20 amp cable Make a Difference

Hello everyone,

Since I purchaced a shunyata Power filter over a year ago.I noticed that after I upgraded to better a/c
cables for my sources I noticed a remarkable improvement in my overall sound.Indeed it can be a long and ardous journey in the quest to find great power cable that will best suit your setup,and bring out the most in every manner possible! Thankfully Ive been quite fotunate in not having to test too many cords in finding the right one!

Now my query over bettering my cables for my components,is the one for the power filter itself! Im presently using
a Shunyata Diamondback 20 amp a/c cable for this purpose alone.I gather IMHO Its more or less at $200.00 something dollars its probably one of their entry level cable.

Now seeing im presently using a/c cables that are in the $400 $500 $600+ range.Would it not make sense to go equally for a great 20 amp a/c cable for the the power filter?

And could this upgrade bring all the other cabling on the filter brought into better perspective.and would the diff
erence be an appreciable one?
128x128zyac39
Well Willa Wonka,

Would Cardas Golden pcs fall into the category of "Best Bang For the Buck"? I could have a Furutech 623(I maybe off with one of my numbers)20 amp pc.But that will run me $400.00 including tax.Im willing to go as high as $300.00 for a used 20 amp power cable.

Thanks.
I suggest 'trying' an MIT Oracle AC3, available for $600 used on the 'gon. It will surprise you; and you'll want more. Cheers :)
Zyac39 - not having experienced Cardas Power cables I am unable to provide any value as to their capabilities.

Information on the Cardas Golden pcs architecture seems a little sketchy at best, since I have found multiple architectures for the same cable on the web. There also appears to be several counterfeit versions out there, so I would stay away from a second hand Cardas cable unless I was VERY sure of it's origin.

I think I would have to stay with Shunyata and Anti-cables for "Bang for the Buck" and of course, Nordost for a TOTL solution.

I have heard first hand the difference Nordost Power Cables can make, so I have confidence in their abilities - they are just a little pricey and they may also have counterfeit versions out there, so beware of resales.

Another interesting looking cable architecture similar to Anti Cables, is from Less Loss - which should perform better than most cables having conventional architectures. They seem to receive very good feedback from most users, but again, a little on the pricey side

Regards...
Hello again Willa Wonka,

I just looked into a Level 3 series reference cable (which I am not mistaken in an Anti cable?)

Do you think IYHO that they could perform as well as Shunyata?

At $450.00 they say that they are the best cable for the buck

Out there!

Thanks,

Zyac39
There is a "review" of the Anticables Level 3 Reference Power Cord here:

https://www.newrecordday.com/anticables-level-3-reference-power-cord/

I have not found much information on it.