subwoofer comparision

I'm planning on buying a sub for HT but would like to get a would really like to get something positive out of it for music too. I guess what I'm trying to find is the best musical sub that will still do a great job in home theater.

I know all these subs are great, so I'd like to hear from people that have done head to head comparisions or have owned more than one of them. They will paired with Soliloquy 5.3 mains.

The players are:
Soliloquy S-10
Talon ROC
ACI Titan II
any SVS
any M&K
any REL
Paradigm servo-15

I believe the Soliloquy would be a good choice for music, but I'm afraid that would be a significant compromise for HT.
gunbunny
The REL Q series subs (Q100E, Q150E, Q201E, etc) are their HT entries and still close to being as musical as their ST series (Stratus, Storm, Stadium, etc) The Q100E is a former Stereophile Class B and I mean their audio ratings, not the new HT magazine. I have a Q sub in my HT system and a ST sub in a separate audio system. An ST sub will also do a great job with HT if you love real wood veneers.
I'm a big fan of REL also, and I think their subs work just fine for HT although my main interest is music. It depends on what you are looking for in a HT system. If your thing is getting walloped in the chest, then go for one of the big servo subs (Paradigm, Velodyne). But for mainly music and HT on the side, REL is the best.
Of course I would like to feel the bass while watching movies, but if I have to pick one or the other I'm leaning torwards music. I'm thinking of taking home the Soliloquy S-10 to see if it helps my 5.3s with music. If that one can't keep up with music to suit me, or doesn't improve the main's performance then I'll probably settle for cheaper HT only sub.

Although, I think I would have more trouble selling the Soliloquy sub than a REL or similar sub whenever I get the upgrade bug again.
AFAIK, REL subs are the only one's that let you use the low level and high level inputs at once. Meaning, when you're listening to two channel music you are using the speaker level hookups to get seamless integration and when you're watching a movie with a .1 channel you are still getting the seamless integration for extending your stereo speakers but when .1 data is available on the RCA/XLR input it is blended with the speaker level signal and everything is played through the REL at once.
I know the manual doesn't quite read that way (didn't for me anyway) but I called a tech at Sumiko, they explained what setting needed to be where, I tried it in all sorts of music / movies, and it works as described above.
AND, the RELs are musical and powerful.
I wouldn't think of using something else unless it did all of the above better.