Will people buy Snake Oil?

I have just formulated a new product that you apply around your ears in the form of a green gel.It improves the sound of any speaker by at least double.The only visible problem is it looks fairly strange and not many women are attracted too the look or smell.I don't guess this matters to much since most systems are listened to by one person at a time and about anything proclaimed to enhance the sound is acceptable.It's less than the price of rattlesnake meat and you get enough to last through space and drums 3 times.Now to the question.Will anyone buy it?
hififarm
I think we should all just put foam wedges behind our ears giving us that Alfred E. Neuman look...Hey...we spend hours positioning speakers to point them at our ears...now it's time to start positioning our ears. Or maybe we could all wear one of those big plastic dog collars (you know, the ones that vets use to keep fido from chewing on himself after surgery) to gather all the sound possible. LOL
It is impossible for "Green Gel" to make a difference. I have already performed numerous double-blind on various subjects. We used "Yellow Gel" and "Brown Gel". The results were indisputable....Gel is Gel is Gel. It all sounds the same. Happy Listening :-) Doug
Doug, you forgot about "system synergy". While the yellow gel and brown gel do nothing individually, it is when they are mixed together that they really begin to shine. However, as with any other audio based product, you may have to play with the exact mixtures of how much of each gel to use. A proper combination of the two can really unleash the "magic" that your system has been capable of all along. However, using too much of one type can make the system too dark and depressing ( brown ) and going the other way will make it overly bright and "sunny" sounding ( yellow ). Having said all of that, you will really need to experiment to see what works best in your system and suits your personal preference.

As to the green gel, we've done extensive testing and found out that it was simply moldy cheese and broken up bits of "penicillin bread" suspended in fermented Olive oil. While it does nothing for enhancing your sonic pleasures, it doesn't taste too bad once you get past the smell.... : ) Sean
>
Since I have a masters and a PHD in EE from the University of Canadian Kings, I must tell you, that this is all nothing but subjectivist brabble. Obviously you have fallen prey to autosuggestion, quite common with audiophiles. According to established rules of science, any gel with previously established specific gravity and identical molecular structure, as has been repeatedly shown in carefully conducted double blind testing, will sound exactly the same, no matter what colour!
Dr. Thadeus Troll, msc.UCK
aka