Best Kept Speaker Secret?

OK all you speaker experts out there here goes. There are always "sleepers" or "exceptions to every rule or cost" in high end audio equipment. In your opinion what is the best kept secret or exception to the cost for the very best speaker you can buy for $4000 or less (Used). Your feedback will be greatly appreciated toward building my short list. Thank you.
golfnut
Hey Ljgj i thought this thread was about speakers. But about the Pathos uuhh dunno , What you can't have alittle fun in this hobby. You've probably been at it a long time i see. Seems you've heard it all so go check your email i just sent you, got ta ask ya something about this potentially most expensive hobby ...which i'm finding out very fast leads to relational difficulties with the SUPERIOR (underline that last word please) sex. Been at it 1 month dunno how much longer can hold out wish me luck.. if no see me post call ambulance..$..???.$$$..?^*@$$$)"@}....$
look at the jubilee/jems for sale for 2300. look at my comments on these on audiogon and on audio asylum. the only speaker i liked better was the verity audio parsifals. these replaced my quad 63's! these were a great buy new at twice the price. by the way these are not mine and i do not know the owner (and mine are not for sale).
Thank you for the response Newbee. I could not find a website for Paragon, are they still in business? If I bought these I would like to know that if anything went wrong I could get them repaired. Please let me know if you can. Thank you again.
Anybody try to top the VMPS 626 or if you prefer more bass the VMPS RM1 Both at a great price. For expensive look to Quad but maybe better is the (watt demanding) SL's line.I've heard the following: b&w mirage paradigm spica vandersteins wilson martinlogan mageplanars cabasse psb. These are well known and not secrets. If you get a chance read the review by Pfeffer on the Alon Circe loudspeaker at $12K!!!! in the absolute sound dec. issue. In 2 and one half paragraphs he sums up the state of cone tech. You draw your own conclusions i've already got my UNBIASED opinions AS to what I LIKE. A well made woofer will always be needed. But read the interesting VMPS web page before you buy your next traditional loudspeaker. But why VMPS still makes a budget traditional cone speaker is beyond me. Sorry please disregard some of my previous posts Thank You