What's the best mid-range driver available?

I'm thinking of trying the DIY route for a pair of full-range speakers. In your opinion, what is the BEST mid-range driver available and the best place to buy it?
Thanks for all your comments for the tweeter!
Thanks and happy listening!
myraj
oops - forgot one or two.. dynaudio esotar mid dome.., and the seas magnesium cone 4-5".

application is the key... duh

JBVO - out
Atc may make the "best" mid/driver..but can't buy it separately and way too expensive speakers. So now they are ruled out our 2 contenders are Skaaning 4 or 5 inch( 80hz-2500hz) and the Seas W12CY or W15CY (80hz-3500hz). And i wonder just HOW much better the Atc's are than the Skaan's and Seas's????? Heck the Raven 3 offers a 1.5Khz up(best xover at 2K) range and so is a much better driver than the Atc as far as presenting a seamless mid/tweet..and we also need to consider the Philips RSQ8P/11 and ESg3 both deliver a upper midrange of 1.5Khz up(best xover at 2K)
yes you *can* buy it seperatley. and you can buy the speakers as a kit. they aren't as good, but they're still good.
and they're not too expensive, especially when you consider that they come with multiple top-notch amps as well. if you work it all out, they are really quite a bargain.

15k for a three-way speaker, with the best mid-range in the world, a 50 liter enclosure, one of the best crossover networks available, and *six* seperate power amplifiers driving each driver individually. not cheap, but very reasonable.
Lazarus There is no commercial speaker worth 15 for me. With 15 i could get a superior speaker kit (Skaaning + Raven 3) + superior amp + superior digital (superior = "not your everyday run-of-the-mill stuff") for under 15. Now its true there are 15 and up speakers out there that are'nt worth it. I never consider buying a speaker that weighs more than say 100 lbs. each. The 6 amps sounds too complex for me. And can you give me their weight?