What's the best mid-range driver available?

I'm thinking of trying the DIY route for a pair of full-range speakers. In your opinion, what is the BEST mid-range driver available and the best place to buy it?
Thanks for all your comments for the tweeter!
Thanks and happy listening!
myraj
Laz I just got word from a DIYer in Denmark. I asked him what's his drivers. Says he started with the best mid , the ATC..so looks like your right. Says they are expensive. As well he had Skaaning build him a woofer to certain specs. For tweet i think he uses Scanspeak. Can you give me some info on this 3 inch mid soft dome. Where to buy? etc.
LAZ which ATC speakers do you have ..the SCM 50's 100's or the 150's. The ATC active speaker may..no IS the best commercial speaker in the world. No doubt in my mind. However you did mention like 15K. That leaves me out. However i'm trying to find out if my designer will work the ATC 3 inch soft dome into the SEas W22 + RT8P. Hope they are not more than say $500 each..i may go $700..thats tops. If they are more than that I'm going with the big philips ribbons $850/pr
i use the 50's. i know of one distributer that sells the midrange driver without the magnet, but i'm not sure about the 3 inch. let me do some research, and i'll post again shortly.
One more contender for "best" mid. Accuton 2 and 3 inch dome, probably 2nd to the ATC