Retail vs. List Price

What is a fair, good, realistic, great %discount off list price for HiEnd audio? Specifically: I am looking for the Revel M 20s and need some advice before purchasing. I've seen prices from $2000(the actual retail) to $1695. What's a guy to do?
whirshfield
Retail price maintenance is illegal in Canada. Do the manufacturers care? Probably have the same type laws on the books in the US, but since dog eat dog, betcha no one cares that the manufacturers get away with all kinds of shenanigans. When did honesty and integrety die out anyway?
Since prices bear no resemblance to anything sane in the high-end, the retailers are more than happy to ask the consumer the crazy prices quoted by the manufacturers, so long as they are not stuck with inventory on hand. C'est la vie...
Fishinfool, using demo prices isn't always a good gauge as some manufacturers sell units to the dealer at a reduced price as a demo piece, requiring them to keep it on display a set amount of time before selling the demo unit.
Good service is worth paying for, not that I enjoy paying retail but if it was either good service and support vs. once its sold they don't want to see me until I buy something again-it depends what you care about- remember its only dirty paper. Call several dealers and see how they treat you and what suggestions they have-its not like you are talking mega money here; if one dealer seems obviously better for a few hundred bucks I wouldn't hesitate. of course YMMV
~Tim