Best Musical Home Theater Speaker

I'm new to the forum and didn't quite find what I was looking for during an archive search on this topic.

I'm ready to buy a new audio system and the speakers will also be incorporated into a Home Theater setup. I listen to music alone or musical dvd's 90%.

My budget for 5.1 speaker arrangement is $5000.
My source to drive the speakers will be an AVR type receiver. Possible B&K 307.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

nc2
notcat2
I agree with Stenho...I just have a starter 2 ch DVD system with a Bryston integrated amp, B&W CDM1nt's & a Velodyne Sub. Everybody who has watched a movie now knows that they would rather start w/ a better 2 channel system & then upgrade as the budget permits. I would go with whichever integrated amp that you prefer that has a home theater passthrough and then later add the additional amps speakers & ssp, but you will still have the flexibility for much nicer 2 channel music. Just my 2cents.

Ellery
I would pick speakers that you like for music (probably the front two). The movies will be fine; just let your spouse pick the rest of the surround speakers that meet with approval for appearance, etc.
Yeah an option for you, if you are just mostly into 2 channel music listening(?...music DVD's?...5 ch music?...or mostly cd?), would be to maximize the 2 channel around your monitor, forget the mondo expensive AV receiver and multiple speakers possibly, and opt for a less expensive (perhaps used) aV pre/pro for movie dubties(although used on 2 channnel only), while focusing the money into the 2 speakers you like for music, adding a subwoofer to the mix, and you could be done!
The "wifey" would be more than pleased likely if you build very good quality sound from the 2 ch system, with sub and av pre/pro for proper DD/dts sound for that application I think!
Quality over quantity any day! And you said 90% music...so I'd lean that way personally.
Stehno is right. Build. Start by doing 2 channel right and when you can afford it , do a centre and then surrounds. Look at Aerial 10 t s here and a matching sw 12 sub for just a little over budget. Call me after you get it set up and stop listening to your system long enough to pick up the phone. Build.
Hi you Guys,you are really crazy,the original post asked what kind of speakers he will buy????? you guys did not recommence one for him.Wake up my friends tell him SPEAKERS
SPEAKERS.....man