Smartphone for the audiophile?

Android vs Iphone. Is the Iphone the obvious/only choice? I am thinking in terms of pc audio control apps, direct streaming, plug in portable hi fi, mobile ipod music, in vehicles, internet radio, output to DACs etc. I realise this question depends on many factors, but in general, which serves the audiophile better, and why?
mike60
@Davide, with android devices there's not much problem if you are running out of space. You can use something like the Meenova Mini MicroSD Card Reader to add adtitional space.
very cool. Its really annoying that many android phones put the sd card behind the battery, whereas this allows you to never open up the case. Thanks for the tip Singleended!

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/m3r.html
USB Recorder Pro for Android gives astonishingly good quality 24/192 digital output into a Class 2.0 compliant SPDIF converter or DAC. I would suggest that Android is currently an important step ahead of the iPhone at the moment.
I'm upgrading from Blackerry Curve to
Apple IPhone 5S or Samsung Galaxy S5. Each is excellent.
So which is better for music?
Android 4.0 or higher supports audio over usb. You just need a otg cable. I run note II to Apex amp/dac (via otg cable) to PSB headphones. Sounds spectacular.