I am ready for TRUTH, I can handle the TRUTH

I am pretty new here and pretty new to HI-FI so please be patient with me. I am learning pretty quick.

I have been afraid to ask this question...

What effect does having a 65 Inch HD projection
TV in between main's have?

I am very limited for room so i didnt have to many options. Room is rectangular. The mains, TV and center (on top) are placed at a 45 degree angle (left side corner of room) with approx a 10sf triangle behind TV. The left main is very close to LARGE TV and the right main is a few feet from TV. The sub is off in right corner. The speakers are thin Infinity floorstanding. The sub is a Velodyne 15.

Although im open to room placement changes this
question is more of what kind of effects can having
a large TV in between mains have? I listen to mostly
2ch probably 70% and 30% DVD-A and TV/Movies. And
I listen to music at pretty loud levels the highest
being 110db's average probably 80db.

Appreciate any input...

spluta
push the tv to the back wall and refocus your speakers based on the new image characteristics

get a second system for the video if you are really into 2 channel

i like to sit on my tv remote it seems to elevate me beyond 6db closer to 9db, and believe me that is alot of headroom
I have a 53" TV inbetween my front speakers, and my friends really wonder how I get the kind of imaging I get (which is very good).

The key as stated above, is to push the TV back against the wall as far as possible and bring the speakers forward so they clear the TV. With this configuration, the TV can make a minimal impact on soundstage. Or at least the TV will make A LOT less impact on the soundstage than the speakers NOT clearing the TV (the TV anctually being in the same plane as the TV.

KF
Albert has his monitor on rollers & actually removes it from the listenng room altogether for serious 2 channel performance, then rolls it back into place for video. Realize that's not what you wanted to hear but there it is; the blanket method is better than nothing though.
Why not just try it with / without blanket/ vs. completely removed, & find out what happens?
Clueless i think the biggest drop in my IQ came
when i started getting intrested in good gear.
That took my IQ from a SOLID 20 to A QUESTIONABLE
10. Now i just sit a drool all day and listen
to music. Its getting worse too.

Some of you guys odviously didnt listen to Matt
Foleys speech on Pot. Classic Farley.. I admit
I have one of his movies. Beverly hills ninja.

Thanks for all responses. Especially Bob good to hear
from you. I will push the monster back some more and bring
speakers up. The thing weighs about 400lb if it wasnt for
the rollers it would be even worse. HD broadcast are
definetly impressive but Im thinking a HD Flat panel display
might fix problem. Im especially concerned when i upgrade
speakers from Infinity's. They are the IL's they have
C.M.M.D. drivers. I believe they are aluminum with ceramic
coating. Im running 4 floorstanders for mains and rears and
two centers for front center and back center. For price point i would give them a 10. For overall i would give them a 6-7. They are biwireable also... something you dont see to much on mid priced speakers. Im leaning toward Revel's for replacements. I had a lenghty audition with them and i really liked them. I have been trying to put together a six channel system that would do everything well (ok guys now laugh) I bought a Bel Canto EVO6 that is just amazing and once i get the Revels I will get another for Diff bridge mode. And I already have some pretty good
wires (analaysis plus oval 12's) biwired for all six speakers. So Im on my way.. One thing i am afraid of is my room and my TV screwin things up. I will probably call in
an expert for room treatment. I found one of the best
available is in my area.

Whatjd...

I am going to look into cable noise issue. I actually use three pwr conditioners.. TV, DVD, SAT, CABLE on one. All audio on another and one dedicated for sub. I have an UNWANTED buzz that i have always blamed on my PRE. I initially thought it was a ground loop problem
so i played with that for awhile couldent get rid of it.
I will investigate cable as culprit...

Thanks again to EVERYONE!