And what do Maggies sound like near a wall......

I am interested in Magneapns but the layout of my room will allow only placement 1 foot from the back wall and 1 foot from the side walls. Just how will Maggies sound?
I listen to classical and jazz at low to medium sound levels. My amp is a tube C-J MV-52.
umn
Like crap! IMHO, you need several feet behind to create a solid, 3-D like image with Maggies. Definately try before you buy.
They would sound muffeled - with big ill defined bass, they need 3 ft minimum and like at least 5 ft from back wall, (mine are 7ft 7inches)
The out-of-phase backwave will be reinforced by the nearby back wall, and so will cancel out the front wave more effectively than normal. Bass will be weak. The midrange will be colored by the early reflections off the back wall, and imaging (particularly depth) will be compromised.

While you might be able to aggressively treat the backwave and reduce the midrange coloration and imaging problems, I don't know of any way to effectively address the bass problems short of adding a sub.

I would not recommend Maggies for this application.

In fact, there are relatively few speakers that I would recommend for corner placement. What is your ballpark price range?

Duke
I've heard a pair that are placed much farther from the corners but no more than a foot from the back wall. In short, they sound terrible: dull and muffled, with highs and lows severely rolled off. Those speakers do need a lot more room to sound okay.