Magnepan 12s

Help!

I am new to this and would greatly value your input. I want to buy Magepan 12s. I want to use denon 3802 reciever and 1600 dvd player. I listen primarily to music.

My question is: I have read that the maggies will not work well with japanese recievers. Has anyone been successful with this type of reciever? If not can you recommend a reciever and player for under $1000 that will work well with these speakers? I really don't want to go to seperates. Thanks for your help
tz7
Would I have buy additional equipment besides a dvd player? What does an integrated amplifier do? Thanks
Oh boy,,,, those Maggie 12s aren't bad at all with a Plinius 8100 integrate and entry level Audio Note CD. Not an expensive system but very nice sound. I heard this setup at Audio Connection in Verona NJ... Not bad at all,,, nice match up. Good sound and not expensive at all. Very good system for a small room and not wanting to spend crazy money. That Plinius integrate drove those 12's nice and the bass wasn't bad at all. Nice sound..