Magnepan ribbons problems

I've been using a pair of MG3.5 since 9 years, and though they've been performing superbly, I keep getting ribbon rupture problems. Due to the lack of local dealership, I've been doing the repairs myself, using their repair kit, but has anyone else encountered such problems ? I need to change 2-3 ribbons every year.

One of the speakers I'm considering upgrading to is the MG20.1, but I'm concerned about the tweeter. It's a right pain in the neck to change it.
cemil
Cemil,
What kind of power amp are you driving them with? I have a pair of 1987 vintage MGIIIA with the ribbon tweeters, and they have been replaced once since new, back in 1992.
Can you show me how to repair the ribbons? I have the 6 feet tall panel magneplar 3.3r. The volume has gone very very very low. I am not sure what the problem is so I have to bring them to a repaire shop 80 miles away(from Philadelphia to New York City). This is the first problem I have had in many years of use. Thanks
When I was considering purchase of Magnepans recently I was concerned about the ribbon reliability. I was told that Magnepan does not deny that these units can and do fail, but they provide repair service at very reasonable cost. In the end I bought MG 1.6 which don't have the ribbon, but not because of concern about ribbon reliability.

My suggestion...Let Magnepan do it.
Cemil,
That is highly unusual to be replacing 2-3x/yr. Check your fuse value, better to just change with new ones, you might also post at the maggie users group:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/MUG/bbs.html