kef 104/2 or Thiel 2.3

Anyone give advice on which speaker is better, or would work better in my 13x16 livingroom.I have not heard ethier speaker.But narrowed in down to these two.Kef's seem to be less expensive probably due to there age.Any light on the subject would help.Regards Mluthier.
mluthier
I remember hearing the 104/2s years ago. I thought at the time they were an excellent musical speaker that had good resolution, a natural tonal balance, and no obvious flaws. I don't know if it was the early digital, my then un-damaged hearing, or the speakers themselves, but it seems like most speakers of the 80s had a distinct harshness to them, but the 104/2s were an exception (I ended up with Spicas). I don't remember the 2.3s specifically, but I remember Thiels in general being very analytical, and quite harsh in the high frequencies. I think they have gotten better (more musical) over the years, or perhaps I've gotten deafer. In any event, I would take the 104/2s over any Thiel I've heard.
I havent heard thiels, but ive always enjoyed the sound of KEFs, i dont think you could go wrong there. they have some pretty sweet imaging.