How to Add a Sub on a 2 Channel System?

Hi,
I have a tube integrated amplfier without a subwoofer output. I can have my amp have a sub output factory installed, but is may not be worth the effort and costs. What is the simplest most cost efficient way to integrate a sub with my Totem speakers? Also need recommendations on a very musical sub.
bonger
If you are using a self-powered sub, you could send the signal to it by using a high quality Y adapters (male to two females). Even something like a $22 pair of Monster Cable Y Adaptor’s would work very well.
REL powered subs recommend using the high level input for music. There is a cable supplied with the sub that connects to the speaker binding posts on your amp.
I agree with the speaker level connections. I have pre-out/main-in rca jacks on my Brston B60 integrated and originally had the sub hooked up using these. After switching to the speaker level inputs on my Velodyne sub connected to the speaker jacks on the back of the B60 I felt that the sound had improved substantially. I believe that this was due to the fact that the signal was now routed only through the bryston for the mains rather than through the Velodyne and back. I think that the inferior electronics in the Velodyne (compared with the Bryston) muddied up the sound. Just my xperience & opinion.

Ellery
REL and Vandersteen both connect at the speaker binding posts so you wouldn't need to modify your pre amp. If you are going to only use one sub go with the REL, I have owned both and would only use the Vandersteens if you can afford two.