Recomendation for speakers BEST for Piano?

Listen mostly classical piano and Medieval music. No amp yet. Room is 16x25 (lively). Thanks!
slotdoc3483e9
I'm a big fan of tube gear and I won't likely go back to SS. But I must admit that the ONE single instrument that I've heard really excel out on my friends $50K Levinson system (NHT 3.3 speakers) was piano. The detail, body and shear emotional impact of that instrument is magnificent on his system and none of my tube systems have been able to match that. I guess it has something to do with the slam of SS. The micro-details were amazing and on one recording I can record hearing the pianists feet working the pedals on his system. I do love piano music as well, but also love vocals and strings both of which excel with tube gear IMO. The illusion of depth space and atmosphere is also superior with tubes, but somehow with a piano this does not seem to make as much of a difference. Perhaps because the piano's impact is more of a singular focused instrument center stage, and speed is paramount. With his system the 'body' of the instrument was NOT lost....it did seem to have real dimension and palpability, albeit laser focused. I never thought I'd have cause to point to SS, but if piano were my first and foremost priority I would go that direction. On a tube system it is certainly impressive, but in comparison with SS it lacks the chest-slamming emotional impact that that instrument can have....straight to heart. The NHT 3.3's certainly had something to do with this as they have an incredible low end (some may say too exagerated - subwoofers need not apply here) and great dynamic range and speed. I'm sorry, but I do not recall which Levinson amp he uses, but I believe it was in the $5k price range. The rest of his system is all Levinson.

Marco
totem hawk or mani, allison 2 or 4, rogers studio 7(no longer made),castle howard....i play piano and these speakers are better than most at any price for reproducing the weight and scale of piano music.
Quad ESL 63 or 988! Midrange to die for. Won't play super loud, won't do bottom octave bass, but other than that tough to beat. Reference on voice/piano/acoustic instruments for many reviewers for 25+ years...
Tube-friendly and fairly easy to drive.
Either the Revel Salon(best if budget is no concern) or Studio(budget conscious)would be 2 of the best choices. Its a well known fact either of these Revel speakers has midrange performance equal to the best elctrostatics along with incredible dynamics and bottom end definition which is needed to fully create proper piano harmonics somehting I have yet to hear any esl/planer speaker reproduce faithfully. I have owned a few planer/electrostatic speakers( including the ML Prodigies along with my Revel Salon's presently)and its a different kind of listening altogether.