Driver suggestions for DIY project

I'm getting ready to build a set of monitors and need fairly effecient drivers for my Cary 2A3 15 wpc push-pull amp. I'm considering an MTM configuration with 5" or 6" mid-bass drivers. I don't need drivers with low base for this set-up. What I want is wide dispersion in all the drivers with efficiency of at least 89db.

I have decided on the Hiquophon OW1 tweeter but need mid base driver suggestions, or at least want to know what graph or Thiel-Small parameters I should look for to compare drivers. Others on this board have suggested that dispersion is mainly a function of driver size and crossover frequency. I'm designing the system to crossover at 2500 hz.

I have heard good things about the Focal mid-base drivers as well as PHL. PHL's are real efficient mainly due to to paper cones.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
bennett
Bennett:

Still using that old amp (thought you /killed/buried it)?

If the listening room is medium/large I'll suggest that you look into more sensative speaker designs.

For starters you may find the following site interesting.

http://f18.parsimony.net/forum31999/

There are always exceptions to the general watts/efficiency guidelines (I have ran a few with success), but with the trial/error factor of DIY I imagine that there aren't many.
How about 2 pair of fostex f200a drivers and a raven r1 ribbon tweeter,perside use the foste 100t transformer and a hovland music cap do your mtm .Would be arround 93bd 1 watt easy for a 2a3 to run and would have deep bass arround 32hz.Just a thought
I have experiance with Focal 7K4211DB, Kevlar midrange but is quite expensive. Another one i had built my Watt/Puppy clones with is Seas CB17RcY. Paper cone with phase plug. The same driver Wilson used in his Cub, that is also a MTM design. Good Luck!
Try EJ Jordan drivers (FX92? I think is the model). Jordan drivers are similar to Fostex and Lowther but for much less money and no 1000hz hump like lowthers. The are not as efficient as lowthers but still pretty good. Range is essentially 100hz to 15khz. The have a little lower bass but do roll off.
This is what 47 Labs uses in their ultra expensive systems.