Revel Studios for half price?

Hi,
The title is a little mis-leading.
What I'm looking for is a speaker that sounds as good, or nearly as good, as the Revel Studio, which sounds pretty amazing to me, but cost half the Studio price.

I'm about to set out to audition speakers until I find one that cost in the $3-3.5k range and can hang with the Studios.

Is there such a speaker?
Any audition recommendations?

Best Regards,

geoh
geoh
A hybrid speaker, if you want to go this route, go with a pair of Magnepan 3.6's. I have heard them, quite laid back sounding from my impressions. Good speaker nonetheless.

Seriously though, if your looking for "Studio" sound, look at the F30. If you AB these speakers with the Studio's on the same equipment you will be hard pressed to tell the 2 apart.They are that good. Save that extra $1500 towards other upgrades like room treatments or something........
Ritteri.....you would be dead wrong about GMA NOT matching the crossover components in stereo pairs. They are matched to within plus or minus one half of one DB. Sorry, but I feel the need to correct the people who make false statements.
I agree with Ritteri about the F30 alternative. I had both in my system, one after the other, and they are very similar. Kept the Studios, however.
Songwriter72:If GMA's match their crossover tolerances to what you claim they do then their frequency response curve would be much more linear between each unit. We put a few of the older Continuum's up on an RTA. We could never match the response curve between ANY single unit under identical circumstances or even get em close. And if the blame is on the drivers themselves(which I wouldnt doubt) then there would be no reason to match em to begin with. Cant believe everything you read. GMA speakers use average drivers and minimal components(just like Vandersteen), too bad the price doesnt reflect that because they should be alot cheaper. You can get a pair of Vandy 3A sig's much cheaper than the 1.5's or the 3's both of which are grossly overpriced.
I spent a year listening to Revel's and ended up buying Aerial 8b's for $3,800.

The problem with this "hobby" is that you can always want more! I started by wanting Performa's, then thought Studio's, and finally fell in love with Salon's. At the end of the day, I couldn't justify the money and the amount of time it was going to take to save up and buy all the other associated speakers for my 7.1 home theater (especially since my IRA isn't doubling every year any more).

I listened in a lot of different listening rooms and decided the room had a significant impact on my listening enjoyment. Much more than I had originally appreciated. In an acoustically great room everything sounded wonderful, but in a weaker setting even the Salon's were "so what."

Stick with you price point and spend money on making your room sound good. Since you and your guests will not be doing side-by-side comparisons very often, you'll enjoy whatever you buy at this level.

Pride of ownership affects all of us, but don't let it get in the way of enjoying great sound now, cost effectively.