Held up in customs

I just purchased a CD player from a gentleman in Vancouver and had it shipped UPS Expedited 2 day. When the package got to the states it was placed on customs hold. When I spoke to someone at UPS they said it would take at least a couple of days and customs could do whatever they wanted to the package or simply keep it. I'm wondering if anyone out there has had any experiences with the Customs Service or FDA in regards to international shipments.
128x128jond
I had this problem having a Meridian player shipped into the States from Canada. Although frustrating, it involved a relatively brief delay, maybe a week. I'm not positive, but I think my seller's handle was Audiojudge, and his name is Greg -- he may recall what, if anything, he did to move the process along.
Avguygeorge - I guess you must mean you won't be buying anything from anywhere except the good ol' USA. Because the hold-ups are caused by US immigrations, not Canada's.
Simple.
first Mistake was UPS
Second statting it was A cd player
All you need to put on it is electronic equipment.
Fee's charged are UPS rip off fees.
UPS is the problem not shipping form ust to can or can to US.
Only dummies have a problem filling in a C22 or customs declarATION.
recently sold a tube pre to a fella from toronto. was a no show after three weeks. he was frantic. finally got someone to find it hanging around customs.no notification it was being held for inspection. they opened the first of three boxes slapped a little piece of tape back on it, never going the other two boxes to inspect the cargo.he received shortly after. waaaaaaaay too much time and bs to contend with. kurt
I agreee with Brian - its the laser... I shipped an Arcam 8SE cdp from my home in Canada to a guy in NYC using his Fed Ex account # and had to fill in a separate piece of paper advising the Class of Laser. I easily found the info in the manual or on the back of the unit, can't remember where. No hang-ups and it was delivered on time.

As noted you will probably pay some duty as the product originated in Europe - here in Canada we pay 6% of declared value on items we receive from the US but not produced there except for some (or maybe all) Japanese electronics. Such was the case when I imported a new Sony 333ES SACD cdp from Oade Bros last year - go figure...