A few questions for Green Mountain Europa owners

I am considering these speakers and had a few questions. What are your overall impressions? What amp are you running them with? What types of music do they do best? Can you tell me of areas where they fall a little short?
thanks,

Chris
128x128tcbannon
They use a 6 inch aurasound paper composite woofer and 1 inch morel soft dome tweeter.
Tc, I use the Europa's powered by a modified citation 24 power amp(100wpc)and a straight line pre-amp. They replaced ADS L-1290's in my system. I have heard many speakers over the years both as a consumer as well as a high end audio salesman. In my opinion, the Europa's do human voice as well as anything I have heard. I think thats the key to these speakers. Voice range. The top end is smooth and silky, and the bass is fast and well defined(down to 40-45hz) but the midrange these things produce is simply breathtaking. I have a friend here that listens to live, unamplified music 6 nights/week, and he says these speakers sound better than ANYthing he has heard....ever. And thats the point. The Europa's SOUND like MUSIC. Not like a recording of music. Does that make sense? Put on any live recording.......or any recording with a lot going on in it. You'll very quickly hear why these speakers are so highly touted. Imaging is top notch. I find myself listening to(and really enjoying) music that I never thought I would listen to since purchasing these speakers. I just didn't "connect" with the performance. I think thats the time/phase thing in a real world application. The ADS's were no slouch. But the Europa's made them sound boxy, slow, and to a point, unintelligable. I know the designer(Roy Johnson of GMA) well. Worked with him for a couple of years. Thats not why I bought the speakers. I bought them because they were better than anything I heard under $3K. Roy is one of the true good guys in the audio world. He validates that opinion each and everytime we speak on the phone. I'm honered to call him my friend, but make no mistake. I'm not recommending the Europa's based upon friendship with the designer. I'm recommending them based upon sound. Give him a call. Listen to the product. Make up your own mind. Fair enough?
Dale
Dale great post...like you stated...a quality recording "with alot going on" is really where the Europas excel...where other speakers can so flat and congested...the Europas have the ability to pick the best bits out
CHris...with your CJ amp and Europas...be prepared to have a sonic orgasm...and maybe a real one to boot! happy holidays...
Hi Tcbannon, Don't hesitate to get in touch with Anthony Perrotta in Brewster, NY, who will be a Connecticut yankee in Bethel next year. I have had a pleasant email communication with him. If it is not an imposition on your listening plans, please let me know if you would allow a fellow listener when you take your amp to audition the Europa's. Regards, Joel of Danbury, CT.