Please rate WATT/Puppy 7

How great is it?Is it musical? Classical music only. Lots of chamber.
nmurro
Ditto Ed-sawyer. And what about that mid-range? I have still yet to hear a Wilson design that gets the mids right.
I have wp6's and love them. I've heard the 7's, they are a little better. Anyone who doesn't like them, most likely didn't hear them set up right, with bad/not matching electronics, etc...

They are very revealing...and will tell you about a mismatch, wrong placement, etc...
It's a great one but $$$.
Stay tuned for used.
Used will have a right price hopefully.
As an example with Talon Khorus that dropped from 16k to only 4 this one may even take a larger one.
Another tip:
If you go for Dynaaudio C4 that is nearly twice cheaper you'll understand what's realy meant in most comments of this thread.
The Watt/Puppy is one of the most controversial products in audio. I own the 5.1's. They are a pain. The room and upstream equipment better be right. But, if everything is just so, they are something to hear. It took me years to get them to their current level and I suspect I can still get more out of them.

My point is this. Speakers as this level cannot be discussed in a vacuum. It all depends on your equipment and your room. If you want something to set up and play, and you don't want to fiddle with it, you don't want Wilson's. People that say they're poor speakers are correct AS FAR AS THEY KNOW because it's so difficult to get them to sound good.

Personally, I suggest a pair of 5.1's or 6's as they are so much cheaper. Then take the extra money and place it in room treatment and better equipment. I suggest tubes in the chain somewhere, I use a CAT Ultimate. I like MIT Cables with mine. If you have the funds to do all this and still get the 7's, which I'm sure are better, great. But, if you are spending this type of cash I'd find a dealer that will help you put all this together including room treatment and set up.

If you prefer to consider something easier to deal with I suggest the Vandersteen 5 A's. They are much more room friendly. Either way, make sure the dealer will give you your money back on the speakers if they don't work for you. For this kind of money a showroom demo is folley, you must hear them in your room.