Please rate WATT/Puppy 7

How great is it?Is it musical? Classical music only. Lots of chamber.
nmurro
Audio Goon: I auditioned them at a retailer who has carried the brand for quite sometime so I suspect the set up was fine. As I said b4, when driven by Spectrals which the retailer chose to do, they didn't sound involving at all ...but then again I agree that they may be good w/ tubes. Probably Audio Rsch is good match given the former's strengths will compliment....just a guess.
Interestingly, I had Spectral equipment when I purchased my WP7s and found the system precise but uninvolving, the antithesis of how they performed in several other, largely tube based systems. After much deliberation I settled on a tube pre-amp and amp that make for a salutary, highly involving combination with the WP7s in my system.
Keithr,

I took a long time to decide. I auditioned many combinations in stores and at home. Ultimately, I chose the Wright Sound Company WPL20 preamp and the Music Reference RM-200 amp. I don't get much from other folks' detailed and generally non-musical descriptions of systems, so I won't bore you with mine. However, I will say that this combination was best able to facilitate an emotional connection with the music I like to listen to.