Best overall Speakers for $2,500.00 or less, New?

Hi, I am looking to purchase some great loudspeakers for $2,500.00 OR LESS brand new.I am NOT interested in mini-monitors.I want floor-standing, almost full-range speakers.
I want great bass, neutrality top-to-bottom, transparency, great imaging and soundstaging, openness, detail, and an extended and airy top-end.
Some of my friends recommended Paradigm 100 v.3's, Triangle Celius, etc.
In your personal experience and opinion, what full-range loudspeakers in this price range are the overall best in most sonic perimeters?
daltonlanny
You can approximate your requirments by purchasing a mangnepan MG 1.6 (new, $1600) or MG 3.3 (used $1200), and using the remaining $900-$1200 to buy a Sunfire Signature subwoofer. The combo would be full range and wwould make beautiful music.
Eminent Technology LFT-VIIIa planar hybrids fit nicely in that price range. If you have a dealer near-by, i'd highly recommend an audition.
I agree with many posts here that profess $2500 used opens up many doors vs. $2500 new. I just moved from a monitor speaker to a floor stander for little more than you have budgeted and I'm very happy with the result... full(er) spectrum of sound, nice low end response and smooth mids with detailed highs. Is this my last stop in speakers? No, but for now I'm satisfied. Totem Forest is the speaker, please audition a pair to see if you agree.
"Troutki ...did I say you can't get a decent speaker under $2500.00...I don't think so."

Did I say that the Vandys were perfect...I don't think so?

:-)

You might also want to check out GR-Reasearch @

http://www.gr-research.com

especially if you are a DIYer. If you don't want to put them together then Danny Richie will assemble them for you for a modest price. He is an excellent designer and a nice guy all around. He uses top self products in his designs. I purchased a used pair of his speakers and he was a tremendous help, even though he know he wasn't going to get a current sale. I'm sure his great customer service will get me to be a repeat owner and this time directly from him. Check him out when you have time.

Enjoy the hunt and ultimate purchase,
Lou