Merlin Mil. w/hybrid amps??

My usual amps are VTL MB-450s. They are in for repair and I have a Bryston 4B SST on loan in the meantime. I really like the low end control and extention. However, I miss all of the appealin qualities of tubes. Have any of you found a hybrid amp that gives you the best of both? Are there still compromises? Any experience that you can share is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brooks
brooksl
BTW, Yes - Merlin and Joule are currently planning to do a room together at the NY HiFi show in May.
Brooks, I understand that Merlin will be teaming up with Berning and Stillpoints in Montreal this March. It might well be worth it for you to listen and then check out the NY Hi-end show with the Joules. You will get a good idea of the differences. I DO know some folks that actually prefer the Berning to the Joule. It might be worth it to hear both. Of course you are always welcome to come down to Florida and listen to both Jim's and my system, we live quite close to each other. I'm sure Jim wouldn't mind, right Jim?
Musiclovers are always welcome :)

Brooks, my wife and I are planning to go to NYC in May and we'll be going by the show. Let's keep in touch if you plan to go and maybe we can meet up.

BTW, bring your checkbook. :)
Thanks for the invitations guys. I will email you individually with the dates I will be in your areas to check your schedules. Jim, that is very cool that your wife is going to the show with you. My wife loves music. She especially likes to hear it live . However, I cannot imagine ever getting her to the show. Interesting enough, with the parade of equipment of equipment that has passed through my system, the only time she has ever made an unsolicited, positive comment is when she heard the Merlins for the first time. She said "Wow, those really sound good." Since then, instead of just hearing the music through our in-wall speakers, she will come downstairs to our basement, actually sit on the couch and listen to the system with the Merlins. This is high praise, indeed. Funny enough, she asked me if the were available as an in-wall.
Brooks - I used to live in the Chicago area. Check out Holmes Audio (no affiliation). They are in the Downers Grove area right off I-355. The owner had a Joule Electra VZN-80 that he was using at home. They loaned it to me for the weekend along with an LA-100 pre-amp. This was a few years ago, but he still may have it. I loved the sound, but could not afford the price. At the time I was using Blue Circle gear to drive my Merlins. I have since switched over to the David Berning camp with no regrets. My ZH-270 is currently in Florida getting the wire/capacitor upgrade. I am anxiously awaiting its return.