Revel Salons in an enclosure?

In an attempt to hide my large Revel Salons, I am considering placing them behind cabinets. How much will this compromise it's sound? I know the Salons have a rear port and rear firing tweeter.
lktanx
Why don't you sell them and buy some cheap speakers at Best Buy or a pair of inwalls?

SACRILEGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is sacrilege is it not? However, what are your the technical reasons for not doing so? In what way will the sound be impaired? I am thinking that is sound radiates from the front drivers are not effected, the only sound effected are reflections of the rear wall with the rear port and tweeter. How bad is this?
The will not sound good, and I have heard them used as you describe.

Century Stereo (in San Jose, CA) had a pair of Salons in large receases/enclosures in the wall, which had a fabric covered door. They used them in their premium home theater room. While they worked okay for HT; for music, they really did not work. The soundstaging and imaging was completely gone. The frequency response was ruined as well, as the enclosure rolled off both the treble and the bass.

My advise; Don't do it! Either find another way to make them work out into the room, move them to another room, or just sell them and get in the wall or ceiling speakers.