Revel Salons in an enclosure?

In an attempt to hide my large Revel Salons, I am considering placing them behind cabinets. How much will this compromise it's sound? I know the Salons have a rear port and rear firing tweeter.
lktanx
In response to your 9/12 question, how about something that is designed to be corner or boundary re-enforced, like a Klipsch corner horn? Or maybe something more upscale and modern like a CAR Hartfield? The horns might be dy-no-mite for HT. Just a thought.
You may also want to try out the Joseph audio inwall speakers. At the most recent CES, Jeff Joseph had a demo where he said his top of the line speakers were playing only to reveal they weren't even hooked up; it was the inwalls playing. They seemed to get some pretty good reviews in the various audiomags covering the show.

Note: I have never heard these, and I am a diehard Merlin owner, but if I were in your shoes, I'd definitely give the Joseph's a try.

Jason
Legacy has an excellent inwall in fact it was voted one of the best inwalls produced Home theater magazine !
09-13-04: Jwells wrote: "You may also want to try out the Joseph audio inwall speakers. At the most recent CES, Jeff Joseph had a demo where he said his top of the line speakers
were playing only to reveal they weren't even hooked up; it was the inwalls playing. They seemed to get some pretty good reviews in the various audiomags covering the show."

Pretty good but no one was fooled. I listened to the demo with another reviewer and, when we were supposed to believe it was one of Jeff's best, we were very disappointed. When told they were in-walls, we thought they were not bad.;-)

Recently, I helped design an HT system for my son-in-law and he wanted to go with Salons/Studios but my daughter insisted that the speakers be hidden. We switched to Gems which were placed in the full-wall cabinet but which roll out for use.
Seems to work well but the Gems require a sub for all listening, not just movies.

Kal