information/feedback on dali speakers

haven't had a chance to hear them yet, but my dealer loves them! i'm particularly interested in the hellicon 800, hellicon c200, and hellicon m200 (can you tell this is for a 7.1 home theater?).

thanks for your thoughts!
davidwb
Cink and CMK

I failed being able to tell if the MS4 or MS5 was playing in a brief blind test. They are VERY close. That said the MS5's are a "bit" warmer and slightly fuller. We are talking less then 3% difference. The 5's would be needed only if you had a very large room. Unless they are side by side you would not know the difference in sound imo. Even then they are close. PS (Hearing wise I do have perfect pitch.)Yes they do rock and orchestra.
Other speakers in the running before I purchased the Dali's were Maggie 3.6's and Sonus Faber Cremona's. No contest to my ears the MS4's are a cleaner, clearer sound.
Stereophile gave the 5's an A ranking, the same applies to the 4's imo.
I have recently purchased a pair of Helicon 800. I drive them with Sim Audio P3/W3 combo. Yes they did sound a bit bright in the beginning but that is all gone now after I have listened to them for more than 150hours or so. Also, it was never a problem with Analog front end but only while listening to some CD's, mostly of the pop genre. I've replaced a pair of Dynaudio 1.3SE plus REL subwoofer with the Dali's and must admit that they are a big step ahead especially if it comes to Sound Stage. The Dyn's were almost to much with their imaging qualities, the Dali's are more like a live event. I would recommend them highly.
Do you Guys have any suggestion as what amplification to use, I want solid state monoblocks? Any suggestion to run the MS5? I have another thread, you can post overthere if you like. Thanks
I helped to set up a system using the MS5. The amp was a Mac 352, the pre a C2200. The resulting sound was impressive.