Is this rude?

I'm looking to buy the best speakers I can, used, for around $2000. I'm looking at JM Lab Electra 906 or 926, Joseph Audio Rm7si mkII's, and possibly Sonus Faber if I can find a great deal. The only way for me to hear these speakers is to go into high end audio stores and essentially pretend to be interested, already knowing that I won't be buying from them. Is that rude? I just don't see any other way to make an educated decision...

Also, does anyone have any reccomendations as to other brands to check out? I'd prefer floorstanders (the room is about 17 x 13), but I'd be willing to consider large monitors as well.

Thanks!
omains
Be upfront...like others have suggested...indicate your budget...and see what the local dealer has to offer...most local hi-end shops have many used/consignment items...but you often have to ask...they are usually stored out of sight...thanks...
Salesperson: Can i help you with anything today

Civilian: Right now, i'm just looking at what you have available. If you don't mind, I may have some questions for you about the products you carry and may also be interested in listening to a demo or two. Would you mind if i looked around and asked for your assistance should i see something that interests me?

Salesperson: No problem. Is there anything that you're looking for in specific or that i can do for you right now?

Civilian: Not at this moment, but i'll let you know. Thank you.

This is simple enough, let's the salesperson know that you're not going to whip out your wallet at the drop of a hat and the pressure is off of both parties. This opens the door for communications without stress. It is courteous on both parts and allows the salesperson to choose how much time they want to spend with what is currently a person browsing their wares that could be a potential customer IF they play their cards right. No false precepts results in no false hopes for the salesperson. Sean
>
Sometimes you can find a high end shop that isn't like that. But most are. Usually the hi end shops associated with home theater equipment.

I support the legite honest shops by purchasing through them, unless my budget won't stretch then I'll go audiogon and the other shops (usually pushing 1 or two brands) I'll use them and never buy. Or if they're lucky avoid them all together.

They're just trying to protect their pocket book and doing there job so I don't think it is rude. But I'm trying to protect my pocketbook as well.