Regarding people selling equipment to U.S.A. only

I am in Australia and find many things I would like to buy but mostly people will only ship to US or Canada.Is it very complicated to ship overseas? If I were to pay for some speakers and their shipping by bank transfer could the seller simply take the boxes to his local Fedex or the like or is it more complex than that.I am aware that there are some Paypal scams happening from the far east but if I were to deposit funds directly into the sellers bank account would this not make the transaction foolproof and risk free for them
joecrowe
Agree that it is the shipping that is a deterrent.
I sold some speaker parts (Infinity EMIM's) to a fellow in Germany. The shipping for those small and light (2 lb.)parts was $90.00 He wasn't bothered by the cost, and I was happy to sell them for what I was asking.
The cost for electronics would be prohibitive. Imagine selling an amp for $1,000 and the shipping (by air) is $700. Very few folks would do it. So why offer to try?
The folks with buckets of money might, but they can buy locally too.
I don't think it is primarily the fear of being ripped off: mostly the shipping expenses. And a return would be unthinkable!! That alone would turn me off! Say you buy the preamp, and ship it and the buyer complains? Geez the return shipping with the original shipping and the buyer could have bought the item NEW, locally.
Although I always leave the USA only box checked since I believe that is the default, I have sold several items and shipped overseas. The cost is normally a deterent for the buyer. There is a bit more paper work for the seller to fill out also.
I have sold and shipped items to customers worldwide with a minimum of shipping problems. Small items are usually sent USPS Priority or Express Mail and larger items are sent via UPS or Airborne Insured. You can have just as many problems shipping locally as well as internationally so why limit your customer base.

Stu
I'm pretty much with averageguy as far as what I i've sold overseas. I also mark USA/Canada boxes, but someone from France inquired anyway, the logistics were worked out and a few different sales were made. Overseas sales are not as cut and dried as domestic.
I sold a pair of cables to a gentleman in France. It was a $99 sale that turned into a paperwork nightmare. I shipped them from my office for convenience, then UPS started demanding customs forms from my boss!!! Could have sold them in the US with no hassles.