Regarding people selling equipment to U.S.A. only

I am in Australia and find many things I would like to buy but mostly people will only ship to US or Canada.Is it very complicated to ship overseas? If I were to pay for some speakers and their shipping by bank transfer could the seller simply take the boxes to his local Fedex or the like or is it more complex than that.I am aware that there are some Paypal scams happening from the far east but if I were to deposit funds directly into the sellers bank account would this not make the transaction foolproof and risk free for them
joecrowe
I have sold a few things to people overseas. I have been fortunate enough that I have never had any problems. I personally will sell to any person, just about any where, as long as I recieve payment in full prior to shipping.
From my experience and perspective it's too difficult to learn the process involded with shipping overseas. Since this is a hobby to me, I don't have the time to learn what's required for the process - it was too tough for me to deal with the paperwork, stress of getting it correct, etc. just to ship to Canada - call me stupid. I don't have any problems with the folks making an offer, it's all on my end.
Sold a Transport last year to a Gon'er in Holland. Shipping was easy, just took the unit to a Mail for U location, had the unit double boxed and filled out a customs form with the regular shipping papers. Shipping was expensive ($100.00 on a $1,000.00 sale) and it may be that sellers here assume that buyers would not be willing to spend an additional 10-15% for shipping. Just a thought.
For me, shipping is not an issue, except for the increased risk of equipment handling damage. But when selling/describing used equipment and negotiating back and forth, the langauage barriers you sometimes encounter can make things hard enough that it takes some of the fun out of the hobby.
I purchased a couple of amps from a gent in Toronto Canada. I mailed out a postal money order priority mail which took 8 days to reach him. I live in Buffalo NY and can drive to Toronto in less than a hour and a half. The Amps shipped out the same day he recieved the money and it took 5 days for the amps to reach me. That was enough for me. USA only.