HP Caravelle Monitor V/S Manger Zerobox109

Hi Warrenh,

Your review of the Harmonic Precision Caravelle Monitor speakers is very intriguing, right now im in the process of upgrading my speakers to Manger Zerobox 109 from a pair of Dynaudio 1.3SE.

Please can you tell me how do they compare to the HP Caravelle Monitor's, the mangers to me were extremly smooth without the loss of detail and the vocals were the *BEST* I have heard till date in the in the range of $10,000.

My electronics are as follows;
Conrad Johnson MF2500A
Audio Areo Prima DAC MKII (Capitole Dac)
Proceed CDD Transport

Satyam

PS:I have posted the same question in your review of the HP Caravelle Monitor.
sbfx
I love it when people defend a speaker or compare without even listening to the other speaker....but base it on cost of a cone? "Should sound much better?" Trust your ears...I have not listened to a manger speaker, check out my comments, "sorry, not much help here" - who are you going to trust your ears, or a comment like the above.

The Caravelle is a great sounding speaker. I have compared it too others I have owned...you will see lists in other posts. I frankly don't give a crap what they paid for their cones and quite frankly if it is $50 - then cudos to them for phenominal engineering and profiteering, as I am glad to pay them their asking price for these speakers.
How are your speakers dealing with energy storage in the cabinet and the crossover? What means do they use to resolve these problems? Does the crossover in these speakers present the oppurtunity for all the signal to be played or is some dumped to ground? Is the crossover balanced, so as to present a symetrical load to the amplifier? What are the composition of the individual crossover components. What is the makeup of internal wiring and how does it deal with the massive acoustical internal g-force with-in..These are a few of the questions I have about speakers. Tom
There was a similiar posting over on AA about how Bobby at Merlin uses $100 tweeters or some junk like that.

I am so sick of reading about idiots cutting up power cords and "telling all" or someone like Taloyd posting something like the above. It is really a shame that such people are part of our community.

Taloyd, why don't you prove your point. Put together a speaker with the most expensive parts you can find. I'll bet the end result couldn't even take up shelf space at Circuit City. You do know that it isn't just parts that make up a speaker, don't you?

Obviously you don't.

Regards,
Some im posters were mislead on their choice of hodgepodge cables and so called power conditioners. Coherency should only be purchased after it is understood. Tom