small room speakers

A long time I used Dynaudio Audience 40, I sold them because they didn't matched well with my new LFD Mistral amp.
In mind I have: Linn Katan or Quad 11L ( a lot cheaper ).
I listen very near and don't like over-analytical speakers.
Who has experience with the Katan or 11L, other suggestions
also welcome.

willydelatter7b8b
If you listen near field and don't want your speakers to be over analytical you should investigate Spendor LS3/5A's. This design has been popular for over 25 years and for good reason.
I second the LS3/5a recommendation. Long ago, I owned a pair of Rogers LS 3/5a's and they were excellent. Currently in my study, I have a pair of Audio Physic Step SLE's and they are extraordinary. I have them set up in the nearfield arrangement recommended by their importer, Immedia, and I enjoy the music they reproduce as much as that of my primary system. Since I am not familiar the speakers you are considering, I cannot provide any insight there.

Good luck.
I think of my Spendor LS3/5A's as great for nearfield listening. You can even lean into the space between them, and still hear a three dimensional soundfield. As Newbee says above, these speakers have stood the test of time, and are just so right sounding, perhaps because they are not super analytical, but rather "natural" sounding, a subjective quality appreciated by the LS3/5A crowd.
The sound of a string quartet, small jazz group, singer, or solo instrumentalist, is conveyed better than that of big symphonic works, but even with big musical forces there is the proper illusion of being provided a window into the performance space. And, despite diminutive size, the tailoring of the frequency response conveys a surprising illusion of bass presence for nearfield listening.
I've owned 2 pr. of Rogers LS3/5As and agree with what has been said. However, technology marches on and I would give the new small Spendor the nod with quicker and punchier response. Bass is less muddled. Still love the classic.

I think Spendor S 3/5 is replaced by a new model, the
S 3/5 SE.
I can order them without the opportunity listening before.
It's a bit risky ( they aren't cheap ), Spendor is very rare in Belgium.