Gallo reference /TAS vs Me

I spent a fair amount of time listening to the new reference speakers from Gallo a few months ago and dismissed them as closed in-particularly in the mids- and opaque in the soundstage and generally disapointing. Now TAS puts out a review which goes against everything I heard. Am I losing my hearing or are TAS and I listening to two different speakers? FYI the dealer used Musical Fidelity electronics with the Gallos and I listen with Maggie 3.5s and BAT electronics.
banksfriend
I haven't heard them yet, but when I went in to my local dealer he told me that he hated them and would not even buy one pair to show because he felt that they could not be sold. I couldn't believe that such a highly praised speaker could be that bad, but he was that confident in his opinion that he gave me the phone number of the rep to find a place to hear them for myself. If they were good wouldn't he want to make the profit on the sale?
I placed an order for these end of last year. I kept on getting runarounds from both the dealer and Gallo direct. One problem and delay after another. Not to mention it takes 3-4 emails before getting a reply and the emails were fairly rude. I was highly dissapointed as I always heard Gallo are meant to have good customer service.

Oh well, order has been cancelled and I was refunded. The search goes on. There was just another delay scheduled and they told me not to expect anything for the next 2 months at a minimum (may be different in the US/Europe)

X
Xenithon, I'm sorry you had to cancel. There's no excuse for what you've had to go through. The sad part is that the speakers are really worth the effort to buy them, but you can't be blamed for disagreeing.

Blondears, this dealer is blowing smoke. The dealer who sold me mine has now sold more than 20 pairs (but no other speaker costing more than $2K). Srajan Ebaen in the 6 Moons review predicted this kind of behavior on the part of dealers with a large investment (in money and ego) in other brands.

Just got a Hsu 500 wat subwoofer amp after giving up myself on getting the Gallo sub amp. It makes the Ref 3s sound like there is a huge sub hidden somewhere in the room. Absolutely amazing. Dave
Mine are still breaking in, and I love them. That said, I think that my Maggie 3.6 were a better speaker. Wider soundstage, more accurate and transparent imaging. But much less bass, not just volume of depth, but not as focused.

But that is still nothing to moan about. These are a great and versitle speaker. I have rediscoverd my hard rock collection with these speakers. Led Zeppelin and Stone Temple Pilots thank you Anthony Gallo.
In case anyone had difficulty ordering these, as mentioned above, I notice 3 pair for sale at used prices here on Audiogon. If these are worth their weight at the new price, they're a steal at around $2K used.
It's March, has anyone had a recent update from Gallo about the Sub amp that's due out at the end of the month?

David