Gallo reference /TAS vs Me

I spent a fair amount of time listening to the new reference speakers from Gallo a few months ago and dismissed them as closed in-particularly in the mids- and opaque in the soundstage and generally disapointing. Now TAS puts out a review which goes against everything I heard. Am I losing my hearing or are TAS and I listening to two different speakers? FYI the dealer used Musical Fidelity electronics with the Gallos and I listen with Maggie 3.5s and BAT electronics.
banksfriend
Mine are still breaking in, and I love them. That said, I think that my Maggie 3.6 were a better speaker. Wider soundstage, more accurate and transparent imaging. But much less bass, not just volume of depth, but not as focused.

But that is still nothing to moan about. These are a great and versitle speaker. I have rediscoverd my hard rock collection with these speakers. Led Zeppelin and Stone Temple Pilots thank you Anthony Gallo.
In case anyone had difficulty ordering these, as mentioned above, I notice 3 pair for sale at used prices here on Audiogon. If these are worth their weight at the new price, they're a steal at around $2K used.
It's March, has anyone had a recent update from Gallo about the Sub amp that's due out at the end of the month?

David
Amp is supposed be ready to be produced now, per Gallo. The Reference center is not nearly as far along.
I heard these today at my dealer and could not beleive my ears. Simply Musical the speakers dissapeared. Equipment used is VAC 30/30, Lamm L2 I beleive it retailed fo 4750.00, BAT phono stage, and turntable was 7,000.00 forgot which one. Mine are on order, can't wait to break them in.
Romad,

How did you like them with the VAC 30/30? Was 32 watts enough to drive them effectively? If so, I'd bet that was a fantastic combination.

Jeff