"Line source" vs. "point source" speakers.

Can anybody explain the advantages and disadvantages of each? I've been intrugued by the Dali line of speakers. They claim that line source speakers remove room reflections from the sonic equation. I'd be interested in hearing what people have to think, particularly if they use this type of spaeker.

Thanks,
David Shapiro
deshapiro
Hi Sean,
You raise good points that truly didn't even occur to me. I guess that by "line source" I am referring to the Dali setup, while point source seems to be the ""standard" front firing multi-ways that are designed to work as a point source due to limited dispersion characteristics" that you mention. My info, so far, is derived from the Dali website, a pehaps somewhat biased source.

David
Deshapiro, sorry for the non related question but I'm curious about the sound of the Avalon Osiris: if I well remember you had a pair of these, right ? Why you decided to sell such beautiful speakers ? I have a pair of Radian hc now and I couldn't be more happy... Thanks.
Hi,
I sold the Osiris speakers for a variety of reasons. The most compelling is that I'm moving to a smaller room, and they just wouldn't fit well, with the massive external crossover. Secondly, they are excellent speakers, but kind of laid back. While I'm not interested in horns, I'm gravitating to a more dynamic sound, as far as my taste is conc erned. So I'm investigating other options.

David