Von Schweikert VR4-Jr: Urgent Opinions Needed

Hi All,

I would like to get any comments/opinions on this speaker. I am very interested in purchasing it. It is purely for stereo use, no home theater. Mix of music, ranging from new age (Adiemus, Vangelis), some light classical, light rock (Cranberries), and especially female vocals (Norah, Diana Krall, Katie Melua) etc. I am limited in terms of what is available to me here but I can get a set of these at a very good price. My other option is the Usher Audio CP-6381. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks,
X
xenithon
I also own the vr 4s and without a doubt they perform above $4k list price. If you can get them for a lot less then you are getting much more for your dollar.

The midrange is very smooth for vocals. And the bass beats most speakers in this price range. IMHO listen first if you can, but I would buy mine all over again at $4k if I had to do it again. I still listen to other speakers at my dealers and friends places, so I don't have this opinion in a vacuum.

Rob
If you will do a search of Usher..I posted some thoughts and comments on the 6381 as an owner. :) Ken
I know you have your mind made up already, but there's another choice you may want to consider.
It's the Strata RSL Mini available from www.av123.com
Yeah Yeah! av123.com produces some mid-fi stuff but this is different. Mark Schifter, the owner, has always dreamt of producing hi-end stuff. He mentioned in many forum threads on av123.com that this will be his banner year (2005).
The Strata Mini is the entry (as in smaller, not lesser) model to the Strata line. It's Mark's dream project. He wants it to sound as transparent as the Quad 989 but with dynamic punch.
To be quite honest, they are beautiful. If they sound as beautiful as they look, they will be tough competition to beat at the introductory price of $1,595.00/pair. What could be considered positive is they come with a 350-watt woofer amp.
Here's the big brother, the Strata RSL One.
Like you, I was going to go for VSA-4Jr until I saw this thread. Now I'm confused.
I have no relation to av123.com.

PS: I was going to start a thread here on A'goN sharing the news on this product but did not want to be perceived as running a commercial for av123.com. There's too much of this sensitivity crurrently existing on this site that a simple sharing of product news gets perceived negatively.
Hi There,

Haven't made up my mind quite yet :)

It is still a debate between the VR4-Jr's and the Usher Audio CP-6381. Both have gotten good reviews and backing, now I am trying to gather real-world experiences in particular if anyone has managed to compare these two.

X