Speakers for vocalists

Just a short question on any suggestions on speakers that people think are particularly strong for vocal reproductions. Any suggestions are welcome.
bryanhod
Any of the classic Spendor speakers will do exceptionally well at vocal reproduction.
For the ultimate in vocals-electrostatics and tubes.Add a subwoofer to get all the fundamentals.
What planar speakers can do to voice no other can, the likes of Quad, Maggies, ML, Apogees etc.
Some speakers are definitely better than others for voice. My Maggie 1.6 are pretty good I think, and do a lot of other things well. However, many years ago I had KLH5 and KLH12 speakers that were the best I have ever heard for voice. They were three way, with a pair of very light paper cone midranges, about 3 inches in diameter. When I visited the Smithsonian museum of Science and Industry in Washington DC I noticed that they used KLH5 speakers for the displays which included spoken word audio.

When auditioning speakers, an old trick is to turn off the music and listen to an FM radio station where a man is speaking. The human voice is a "test signal" that we all are familiar with. If voice sounds natural, you probably have a good speaker.