Logitech Squeezebox Touch DAC: How Good?

Logitech Squeezebox Touch's are allegedly raining out of UPS trucks into the arms of new owners, as we speak.... or as you read this ;-)

NOW, advance word is that the analog out is a huge step up from it's predessor. It's alleged to have quite a good DAC.

How good?

Those of you with some experience on this matter - please speak up! It is stomping your Berkeley DAC? Empirical? Weiss? Peachtree? Cambridge? Devilsound?

(Is it listenable?!)

The world wants to know!

Art
artmaltman
The best thing you can do with your Squeezebox of any persuasion is to ditch the standard switching powerpack and purchase a laboratory grade power pack whose ripple voltage is next to zero and the improvement in sound from the squeezebox will be profoundly beautiful by comparison.

Still not in the Transporter's league but never-the-less, still many times better than the standard switching powerpack for Squeezebox.
CW, my iTunes libraries are organized for sync'ing with my various iPods. The Squeezebox Touch seems to like it just fine. I use the wifi connection and the Touch finds the database on my Mac no problem. I don't remember whether I tried the PC or not (different iTunes libraries) but from what I hear it is just as easy.
Sutherk; good suggestion, but may I ask for an example of powerpac whose ripple voltage is near zero? Are you speaking of a linear power supply? Can you recommend one that is not too expensive?

Thankyou for any information;
Vin
I just replaced my Squeezebox 3 with a Touch and, although it needs break in, the increased resolution was apparent from the onset. I am using the CI Power Supply, Monarchy Combo and Berkeley DAC. The installation of the Monarchy between the Touch (and previously Squeezebox) was absolutely amazing. I HIGHLY recommend the Monarchy Combo to anyone with a Squeezebox (going into an outboard DAC which can handle the upsampled 96k signal).
I have about 300 hours on the Touch and listened last night for about 5 hours. The unit is definitely broken. It is more resolving and has better detail than the Squeezebox 3 it replaced. The biggest difference is the 3D sound hologram that it now projects. The Squeezebox 3/MonarchyCombo/Berkeley had front to back and layers of soundstage before but it was something you had to look for. The Touch throws out a beautiful, glow in the dark, soundtsage that just makes you want to listen. I was a bit skeptic about the superiority of the Touch's digital out vs the digital out on the SB3 but after experiencing both units, the Touch is notches above the SB3. (both SB and Touch w/Channel Island PS, display turned off on both).