Packaging floorstanding speaker-tips?

Hi. I am considering an upgrade from my current speaker (Von Schweikert VR-2000). The boxes are long gone (I bought the units as demo). The speakers weigh in at just over 60lbs and are about 3.5 feet tall, 1.5 feet long, and 6 inches wide.

Any tips on how to safely package them up? I would love to sell them locally, but live in a very rural area (Central Oregon) and probably wouldn't find a buyer anywhere close.
chiho
I have been in the shipping and receiving buisness for over
20 years. By my experience, Fed Ex 'Red' (not green) does the best job of package handling. I have never worked for any carrier, only dealt with them at various locations around the country. I have never received a mishandled package from them !
Just a thought.
Like most of you, I have been buying and selling items for years. No problems with shipping for a long time, but I'm now on the cold streak from Hell. Last 3 deals:

1). Bax lost a 150 lb Cinenova Grande amp in the wooden crate.

2). DHL smashed the cage on a dbl boxed Rotel amp.

3). DHL dinged the corner on a dbl boxed pair of Totem Forests packed with extra padding.

Have the carriers gotten more careless recently???

John
sence reading this thread ive been using newbee's suggestion to pack & ship out everything ive sold,it works fantastic!!

ive shipped huge speakers, a subwoofer,amps, preamps & cd players all without even a dent in the boxes.

this method is a little pricy to use but it sure beats anything ive ever seen, your gear will arrive safe.

mike.