speakers with Ebony finish

I am looking for a high quality speaker that offers a real ebony veneer as an option. Not "ebony in color" but actually ebony wood.

So far I have only come across the ProAc line. Any other suggestions out there? I do not want to break the bank but would consider a moderately priced unit (2500-4000).

vnt001
Rlwainwright, read carefully. The G&R speakers that Albert recommended are fully assembled at this price.
Gaudio_eek is correct Riwainwright, the entire speaker with custom cabinet is $4500.00 retail as a kit, within $500.00 of his stated maximum.

Most Audiogon members are handy enough with a screwdriver to install the drivers and damping material. The GR is a world class speaker, competing against $30,000.00 speakers. I was excited to be able to suggest them.
Albert,

I have seen the GR page before, and they do look interesting. Have you had a chance to listen yet, or have you just seen the finished product? Looks like a great deal.

Joe
I bought one of their UFW-10 subs for my dad to complement the speakers I built for him, and I was very impressed with the bang for the buck it represented. The UFW-10 is a 13 inch cube (quite small), but weighs 50 pounds.

AV123.com were out of Macassar Ebony (the finish I wanted, which looked great online) in B-stock, so they offered (and I accepted) a brand new 1st quality one in Rosewood (which looks *much* better in person) in its place... The finish was on par with some fabulously finished speakers from Dali I saw recently that sold for $5900 all the way up to $40000/pr. Pretty much the best I have seen to date. Build quality was superb too.

The sound of the sub was very musical, but it was obviously not going to compete with much larger high-end subs that cost 3-5+ times its price... Still, for the $400 plus shipping I paid for it, I know I could not do better for the price.

Based on my Rocket sub buying experience, I would not expect Rocket soundwise to compete with speakers like Tyler Acoustics (not implying in any way that Rockets are mediocre sounding speakers, only Tyler is really that good!), but they will definitely win on finish quality (and that is saying something).

Worth a look if your budget is relatively tight...

---Dave