Audiophile speakers VS Studio Monitors.

Hi everyone. I record and mix music at home, and I'm wondering about audiophile speakers. Would you folks say that typically audiophile speakers will represent music more accurately than say Mackie, Dynaudio or ADAM studio monitors, for example?
I want to upgrade my KRK studio monitors, and I'm wondering if studio monitors are nothing more than a cheap imitation of audiophile speakers?
For recording and mixing, do you folks think I will do better with audiophile speakers like B&W Nautilus 805's than I would with some Mackie's?
Thanx,
Allen
hethaerto
if you want the best studio monitors try jbl k2s9800,they are very rare and expensive but worth every penny!!!
Still have my K-roc's from 4 years ago in another system...They are very good for nearfield and though they are the only model I have heard from them,I always am glad of that purchase.Have not heard the Mackie,Tannoy or the other you mention,but for what your doing,you are in the groove regarding quality sound,just my .02$...Bob
Merlin...Audiophile and studio.

ATC..Audiophile and Studio speakers,basically the same speaker models,just looks different...active as well.Very impressive list of studio end users..see their website for the comprehensive list.Expensive.

Audiophile Merlin VSM-MM end user.
Chris