what speakers for 4k or less new or used

putting together a two channel sys for one of my dearest buddies. he listened to my quicksilver m80's fell in love with sound and bought a pair of v-4's since then we have scored a rouge magnum 99 with a few upgrades here on the gon and an ah cd player. now we need speakers. he likes the sound of my snell e-IIIs he cant have em and also my snell b-minors cant have them either. a good bass is important as is wonderful midrange. and sounstage. . looking forward to hearing suggestions mitvh
54mitch
Alot of good recommendations, I'll add VMPS RM 40's, an outstanding speaker for the money. You really need to listen to these as they all sound different. Some people love planars and some people can't live with them and must have cones. The only way to tell what you'll like is to listen to it and hope it sounds good in your room.
I'm waiting for my Hyperion HPS-938. Having audition the Usher 6831, AG Ref 3 and VS VR4Jr, I found the Hyperion sounded most "balanced" among the whole lot with the ability to play all types of music with a certain unforced naturalness that is somewhat magical.
Von Schweikert VR4jr($4,000 New). You should check them out. They sound awsome with the Quicksilver M80 monoblocks(Plenty of power). I would love to hear them with the V4 monoblocks and hopefully will!
I have seen GMA Continuum 3s have listed for the price you are looking at. They beat all the well known 10k MSLP contenders and I've auditioned and/or owned many. If you have a specific speaker in mind, E-mail me and If I've heard it I'll tell you what I think.

Kerry