VR-4JR or USHER 6371

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum and find myself in the (un?)fortunate position of rebuilding my entire home theater/stereo system. I am looking to spend somewhere in the 4k region for main speakers. They will do about 50/50 stereo and home theater duty. I have read alot about the VR4jr and will soon be able to hear them. I have also heard good things, although not as much press, regarding the ushers. I unfortunately have a somewhat small living room in which i will be setting up. The speakers will have to go along the longest wall. 10x16x8tall. I have some lattitude in sellecting acoustic treatment to improve my oddball room. the speakers will have to be placed up against the rear wall and not allowed to be pulled into the room. Has anyone here heard both speakers? Any insight would be great as I haven't heard ny of the usher line.
Cheers
Sam
superfly676
You need to rethink your priorities. If you are constrained by WAF or other issues, don't waste your money on expensive speakers to position as you describe. Your room is on the small side for floor standing speakers with ample bass extension. Combine that with placing them against the wall and you have a sonic nightmare in the works. You might do better with some very small monitors and a sub, but you will still be compromising performance with your choice of placement and room size.

Oz
Von Schweikert VR1 monitors with a sub might do the trick. The VR1 bookshelf speakers are designed to be placed close to a back wall.
OK so after doing some more evaluation, I am thinking the system 12 may be a better idea. The LCR 15s will be small enough that I can move them out when I want to listen and not need a team of mules to do so. I can then re stow them to keep the wife happy. Also I need to ammend the room dimensions to 22x10x8. Anybody had a chance to hear the LCR 15's for music?
Thanks for all your help
Sam
Dali's are another that I would consider. I guess the question now is, if I am going to use a speaker that is mid size/ie big book shelf like the LCR-15, or a smaller floor stander (not as deep as the 4jr), would there be a better speaker in that size range than the VSR line.How do the Dali's sound compared to VSR? Thanks!