I'm looking for inexpensive bookshelf speakers.

I'm looking for some inexpensive bookshelf speakers. $600 or under. For now they would be hooked up to a 65 watt per channel Denon receiver. I really like B&W 602's, but I would like to know what other people like in that price range. I listen to, blues, classical, and classic rock mostly.

Eben.
estrong
Eben:

The following speakers will serve you extremely well with both your current Denon receiver or if/when you upgrade to a more expensively priced amplifier.

1. NHT SB2 ($400 list)
2. Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 ($350 list)

Both speakers sound differently from each other, but also sound above their price tags. The NHT's are somewhat on the warm musical sound. The Wharfedale's probably sound closest to the B&W 602's, but are also more refined sounding. Both will complement your set-up.

Regards, Rich
Some models in your price range which are worth a listen would be the PSB Image B25 ($450), the Boston Acoustics VRB ($500), the Audio Note AX2 $550?), and the NHT SB3 ($600). You might also consider the Boston Acoustics VR1 floorstander ($600) which is pretty nice and would eliminate the need for stands. Good luck.